Friday, June 7, 2013

That's a RAP

So I kind of started getting into rap last year, I think it started with Jay-z and Kanye’s collaboration, The Throne. But as the hype over the album faded so did my interest. Then last year November or so I heard “all gold everything” by Trinindad James and  I was hooked immediately after hearing that line “I don’t fuck with snitches, so don’t tell me who tellin” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK2FqPNIT_U) there is just something so simultaneously cool and hilarious about the video, I think I still sent it to you.  But all the people around me that have been into rap forevaaa told me that that song was shit, “but I wasn’t having that so I split out the door” – Earl Sweatshirt . AND A FAN WAS BORN. I’m completely hooked now, ooooh I just can’t get enough.  It has gotten so bad that I end up quoting rhymes while talking to someone without even realising it.  So I thought you might want to dive in it too (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ejyHzz3XE - you cant ever go wrong with Kendric Lamar). I also find that after a while of listening to these songs you hear the craziest things that you don’t even realize first off, such cool sublims.

Some of my faves (im still a newbie though so forgive my lack in taste for the good stuff, this is just what I like maybe it had an insane beat or just a cool chorus):


tyler the creator - i love him haha

(bun to bellie)



No comments:

Post a Comment