Sunday, December 15, 2013

lets go for an adventure

We arrived way ahead of schedule at the hotel. Which is highly unusual for our family, as we are always always late. When we arrived my brother and I went exploring, like back when we were little and we would go explore "the oh so mysterious area" the moment we arrived at a holiday destination.

We walked to a cave that looked out onto the ocean with sand dunes in the background. Being me I forgot any form of a camera so you will have to create the image in your mind.

The water was the colour of emeralds and the dark rocks contrasted against the water like black against white.
Sea gulls moaned in the background while the waves crashed and roared as the moon brought the tide in. In one of the water pools near me a tiny crab was making its way to another rock, starfish were glued onto the rocks and mussels lined the rocks with their blue and white shells. It felt as though I was on a island far away from civilisation.

Although I wish I could've shared this experience with my friend we had to say our goodbyes for now ,I hope. As we have to go our separate ways for the duration of the holidays.

I think the only reason this post is so intimate and almost story-like is because whilst writing it I had a song by Nico Pusch on repeat in the background
                                                                  (bellie to bun)

No comments:

Post a Comment