Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ballet

Went back to ballet today after two terms of not doing it. I don't think I've ever embarrassed myself so much. Let me just inform you quickly: I may have done ballet before yes, and yes we did do RAD exams and all.. But it was so chilled in the sense of not being forced to wear a bun or black leotards. At this new studio however it's the real deal. I was probably the youngest in the class which made it far worse. I was placed in the absolute highest class. Like all "advanced" and what not. 

The lesson started with lovely barre work and I went into nostalgia and realized how much I had missed ballet. We started off with an easy exercise so I thought I might be in the right class until everyone started doing 180 degree leg lifts and bending literally in half backwards. 

I honestly felt so embarrassed. My face was constantly flushed. Luckily as soon as I got home I ran to the kitchen made a cup of tea and lay on my bed. What could be better? 
I will indeed go back, even though I am slightly traumatized. Hahah 

Anyway I attached a few pictures of one of my favorite ballet dancers - Anna pavlova. 

      Bellie-bun x 

No comments:

Post a Comment